"Good News" was the magazine of the earliest formal pentecostal grouping in Australia, Good News Hall. Originally a pentecostal gathering in the traditional form of a 'healing mission' under the leadership of Sarah Jane Lancaster, the movement morphed through the 1920s in response to the church planting which emerged from (largely female-led) evangelism in Queensland, Victoria and NSW. A pseudo-denomination emerged as the "Good News Pentecostal Alliance" (from 1924), formalized under the influence of South African evangelist F. B. Van Eyk into the "Apostolic Faith Mission of Australasia" (from 1926). The magazine extended the influence of Lancaster's group, and helped create the networks which underlay the emergence of explicitly pentecostal groupings from pre-existing Keswick, divine healing, Methodist holiness, and missions networks. The magazine faded with the death of Lancaster in 1934, and the closure of Good News Hall in 1936.
© 2010, Alphacrucis College:
Alphacrucis College asserts all rights to the electronic versions and content of this magazine - in whatever form - as held on this site. The physical collection belongs to Dr. Barry Chant. No content from this site may be used to build other websites or stored or published in any form without the written permission of the Editor (email@example.com). The material is published to encourage not-for-profit scholarship and education, and may be used only in connection with these ends. The opinions of the journals re-published on this site do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Alphacrucis College or its sponsoring organisations.